Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11. Saturday . Weight: 190.0

Challenge Ahead!

I really need to learn how to master dining out...... And portion control....... And eating leftovers.........and night snacking.  Oy, this is going to take some effort isn't it? I'm one of those people who "know it all" . I have read so many books, attended workshops, retreats and researched so much about losing weight, but really it's time for me to get back to doing it instead of learning it. Who really cares if it's a perfect day? It needs to be a day of honest effort not perfection. When I have successfully lost weight I have NOT been perfect..... But it worked. It's time to work it again.

Today's challenge is a trip to Calgary for the day. My emotions are so mixed. When we planned this trip I was giddy with excitement. We are going to look at nice stoves, gas or dual fuel choices. We are in the infant stages of planning our next home but have never built before. After we put a deposit on a lot to hold it my husband met with his boss who asked I'm what he thought about being mobile, what he thought of another section of the company, and the same afternoon Human Resources asked him to update his resume "just for their records". This has thrown me for a loop. I knew I was going to use food as a distraction and was fully aware it wasn't hunger. I ate a one pound package of blueberries. ONE AT A TIME. I consider this a great success for a few reasons. We had junk food I could have selected. The blueberries were going to go bad if someone didn't eat them. I snacked, it filled the void and took forever. I managed to not do damage to myself but work WITH my issues. My ultimate goal is to replace the food with other things. For now though the fact that I'm at least aware of the binge potential and not doing it is my success story. After the stove adventure we plan on looking at the dream home and buy tickets, we can see what's popular and updated as well as enjoy the afternoon doing something we don't usually do. Then we are going for dinner with our whole family to celebrate two birthdays. It is an Italian restaurant so I know I will be wanting to order calamari. I just can't eat like this if I'm serious about losing weight. They have an online menu and I'm going to select ahead and not waiver. That's my goal for today. Oh, and no booze. If I drink a glass of wine I'm done for to stay with my meal plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment